EPFO starts crediting 8.5% interest rate in member accounts: Here is how to check your EPF account balance
Last week, the government announced that Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has begun crediting an 8.5 per cent rate of interest for 2019-20 for its over six crore members. The retirement fund body has credited the employees’ provident fund (EPF) interest to various members and it is important for every EPFO member to know their EPF account balance.
“When we had announced 8.5 per cent interest rate, everyone was surprised that how is it going to be possible. Out of this, 8.15 per cent has been the debt component and 0.35 per cent is from capital gains of the equity component. A lot of discussion took place, constant discussions were held with the Finance Ministry on proposal… the EPF surplus is growing and crediting will begin from today,” Labour and Employment Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar had said.
If you too have an EPF account and are wondering how to check your account balance, here’s how you will be able to it.
1. Checking your EPF balance through EPFO website:
- Head to the EPFO website (Click here: https://www.epfindia.gov.in/)
- Below the drop-down menu on ‘Services’ click on the ‘For Employees’ option
- Under the ‘Services’ section below, click on ‘Member Passbook’
- It will redirect you to another page where you have to enter your UAN (Universal Account Number) and password along with a mathematical captcha solution to log in
- This method is available to those members who are already registered on the Unified Member Portal. It takes 6 hours for the passbook to be available after the registration at Unified Member Portal.