IRCTC booking ticket: Planning train travel? First, know these important dos and don’ts on irctc.co.in or you will be in trouble!
IRCTC booking ticket: If you are planning to take a train journey, then this IRCTC advisory is very important for you. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has issued this important alert on its website. The advisory says that the trains with pantry cars will not serve cooked food. Only packed items, ready-to-eat, packaged drinking water and tea/coffee/beverages will be available on limited trains and station catering units.
The advisory further says that the passengers should make their own arrangement for food and drinking water for rail travel.
The advisory has been issued in the light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Indian Railways has restarted passenger train operations from 12 May 2020, initially with 15 pairs of trains (30 return journeys).
See what all IRCTC suggests: COVID 19 Alert:
1) Use face mask, maintain social distancing norms and wash your hands frequently.
2) It is advisable to download ‘Aarogya Setu’ app on your mobile phone, before commencing the train journey.
3) On arrival at the destination, all the traveling passengers will have to adhere to such health protocols as are prescribed by the destination State/UT.
4) For trains cancelled till 30th June 2020 by Indian Railways, full refund will be provided automatically by IRCTC. Users need not cancel their e-tickets. Full fare will be credited back into users accounts from which payment was made.
5) During the COVID-19 period, passengers will be responsible for their own health.
6) Catering service is not available and catering charges not included in the fare.
7) No blanket and linen shall be provided in the train.