Now apply for passport from home – Step-by-step guide for online passport registration
If you have not got your passport yet and are worried about going through the hustle of getting the process done at the passport office, then there’s a relief for you. You can apply for your passport online following these simple steps. You can also apply for a passport from your nearest post office.
If you want to register for a passport online, you can do so on the official website, passportindia.gov.in.
Step-by-step guide to apply for a passport online:
– Go to the official website of Passport Seva, passportindia.gov.in
– Register to the website, enter the captcha code for verification
– Login to the website with the registered login ID
– Click on ‘Fresh Passport / Re-issue of Passport’
– Fill in the required details in the application form and click on ‘Upload e-Form’ Pay & Schedule Appointment’ to schedule an appointment
– Click on ‘Print Application Receipt’ and take a printout of the application receipt, and keep it safe for future reference
You can also apply for a passport at the CSC counter of a post office.
What necessary documents do you require?
For the registration and verification process of a passport, you need Aadhar Card, Election Voter ID Card, Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, Age Proof, PAN Card, Driving License, and an address Proof like Electricity Bill, Mobile Bill, Water Bill, Gas Connection.