Now, you can file IT returns via mobile! Check all benefits of the new e-filing portal 2.0
The e-filing mobile app has various other features like Locate a Tax Return Preparer near you, Tools for calculating your taxes, ASK IT – A ChatBot, Tax Gyaan – A Game; and a lot more
New Delhi: Now, taxpayers will be able to file their income tax returns (ITR) via mobile also. The Income Tax Department launched its new tax e-filing portal on 7th June, 2021 and this new portal also has an all-new mobile app. The Income Tax Department has said that it will be easy for taxpayers to use the new portal through smartphones.
With phones widely used, the department has claimed that the new IT return e-filing portal and the new mobile app will be easy to use for taxpayers. It will help taxpayers to gather information like ITR form, pre-filled income tax details, Saral income tax facility, refund claim and other facilities.
The mobile app has various other features like Locate a Tax Return Preparer near you, Tools for calculating your taxes, ASK IT – A ChatBot, Tax Gyaan – A Game; and a lot more
How to Install
Give a miss call on +91 – 7306 52 52 52
The Department will SMS the installation link
How to install from the Portal:
Visit the new income tax e-filing portal 2.0 https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in
Click on Tax Payer Services
Click on Aaykar Setu mobile app
After that a new window will be opened Aaykar Setu- Mobile Application for Tax Payer Services Module
Scan the QR code to download the mobile application
The Income Tax Return e-filling portal 2.0 is expected to provide taxpayers with convenience and a modern seamless experience by way of providing multiple tech-enabled features to the users. The tax department will utilise this website for both ITR filing and for responding to queries and to give out orders like assessments, appeals, exemption and penalties.
Here are all the new benefits offered by portal 2.0:
1. Quick Refunds: The new e-filing portal will be integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns(ITRs) so that quick refunds can be issued to taxpayers.
2. Mobile Application: After the launch of the new e-filing site, a mobile app will be launched which will facilitate all key functions available on the site for full-time access on mobile network.
3. New Dashboard: The new e-filing portal will provide a new single dashboard that will display all interactions, uploads or pending actions for follow-up by the taxpayer.
4. Interactive ITR Preparation Software: The taxpayers will be provided with free-of-cost offline and online ITR preparation software. The taxpayer-friendly software will involve interactive questions which will help taxpayers. Even people without any prior tax knowledge can use this portal for pre-filling the returns and minimising data entry effort in filing their ITRs.
5. Addressing taxpayers’ queries to get easier: There will be tutorials, videos, call centre and chatbot or live agent embedded in the site to address queries of taxpayers. The new call center will assist the taxpayers with FAQs.
6. New Online Tax Payment System: In order to ensure easy payments, the new ITR website also has a new online payment system with multiple payment options like net banking, UPI, credit card and RTGS or NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, compared to the existing system which only had UPI, Credit Card for payment of taxes. ReadMore
Source : timesnownews