Online fraud alert! Lock your SBI net banking access. Here’s how
New Delhi: Amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis, people prefer to not leave the safety of their house in fear of contracting the virus and during this time internet and mobile banking has emerged as one of the go-to options for bank transactions, especially in urban areas. From credit card bill payments to EMI payment and money transfer, net banking is helping people manage their banking tasks successfully.
In fact, with net banking, mobile banking and phone banking, users are now able to complete fund transfers, bill payments, open a fixed or current account, among other things with ease. However, this has also attracted scammers who keep looking for ways to defraud people. As no mode of payment is safe in the current times, it is important for users to protect their net banking accounts from such threats.
With more and more banks making digital payments easier for their customers, fraudsters are coming up with new ways to fool people and rob them of their hard-earned money. In such a situation, India’s largest public sector bank, State Bank of India has a feature that allows customers to stay a little safer. The bank on its official website – onlinesbi, says “For better control & security of your account, you can lock or unlock your INB access through link ‘Lock & Unlock User’ available in Home/Login Page.”
How to lock SBI net banking access:
- Go to SBI official website – onlinesbi.com.
- Look for the option that says ‘Lock & Unlock User’.
- Provide details like internet banking username, account number and captcha code.
- From the drop-down menu, select the option ‘Lock user access’.
- Read the terms & conditions and click on OK for verification.
- An OTP (one-time password) will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Enter the correct OTP to lock your internet banking access.
In case you wish to unlock the access later, you can do so by either visiting the ‘onlinesbi’ website or via the bank’s branch. In order to unlock via bank branch, you need to visit the home branch. Note that there are no charges for unlocking the internet banking facility from your home branch.